Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What a week!

So it has pretty much been a busy week, rather busy month! Monday we placed Maw Maw in a nursing home, and boy has that been a trial. She was okay the first day, but yesterday she did not sleep for about 48 hours and was out of control. She has gotten to the point where she doesn't know anything going on around her, and she does not know us most of the time. It's the saddest think I have ever seen. I can't help but feel emotional every time I think of it. But as they say, crying is a language only God knows. He knows what I'm feeling and I know He has given us all peace about this. It's definitely one of the hardest things my family has been through, but God will see us through it. This will make the walk in October more appreciating once I have completed it.

On a lighter note, Chris and I are signing the lease to our first apartment together this Saturday! We had to move the wedding date up AGAIN because he is joining the Air Force. We went last night to talk to the recruiter and she basically told him that he needed lose about 15 more lbs. and to practice the math more on the ASVAB. That's the only thing that is killing him is the math. I told him that if he can memorize car parts, gun parts, and parts of an airplane, then he can most definitely do some algebra!

I have been looking back over where the past 2 years have brought us. We have been through so much already, and I cannot imagine my life without him. We have laughed, cried, and everything in between, and we have still managed to make it through everything. Now, it's the next step in our life: marriage and the Air Force. I wonder where God is going to take us next? We are hoping Germany, but that probably won't happen. We would like to go there before we have kids so that we can experience that now. I'm not worried about where we will be...where ever he is, I will be, so as long as we are together!

In other news, it's official...there is a Lacy Street Gang in Monroe! Haha! Too funny seeing as we had a trial yesterday with some juveniles that were supposedly throwing up some "L" signs with their hands that apparently represents this gang. Ah, Monkeyroe.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment