Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pre-marital

Chris and I started our pre-marital counseling through the pastor that is going to marry us this October. It was eye-opening and actually a great experience, and we can't wait to finish our next 3 sessions. Our homework for this week is to independently derive a budget. Hmm, that should be interesting. That's one thing that we have done, but we really haven't concentrated on it at this point because we haven't put our finances together. And it makes me feel selfish. I realize that this will not be mine, or my stuff, it's OURS. Wow, that's a big step. And this Coach purse is staring at me. Geez. So, I'm going to make my budget, figure in all that we have to spend and everything. I wonder how different Chris's is going to be. Hmm. Monday we will bring out budgets together and make one....how wonderful! A great start, but I have to admit, I'm a little scared, which I guess is normal starting a whole new chapter in your life with someone else. We also realized last night through talking to Charles that we really don't know each other. Well, we always new that, but it just sunk in a little further last night. I think about the scene in "Fireproof" when Caleb's co-worker tells him that you can never stop learning about woman. And that's true also with a man. Chris and I are both scared, but I told him that I wouldn't want to experience this with anyone else but him and God. It's not going to be easy by no means, but it will be worth it in the end. I will keep you updated on our other sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment