Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Downhill?

I know God gives us peace about things, but why is it still hard to let go of our human lives when we clearly know that Jesus tells us that will have such better things await us above? God promises us that when we get to Heaven, there will be no more suffering, illness, and, of course, sin. But it's so hard for us to give up what we have here on earth. Our earthly belongings....something that belongs to us. Something that we think we own. But it's all in God's timing to where and when it's our time to go. I have no doubt that when this day comes (we all know that's it is inevitably going to happen to us one day or another), that I will be ready to walk...no, run, into the arms of my Savior. I have been struggling with peace about this for my grandmother. I have no doubt that she will go to Heaven, but when she goes, it will be hard to let go of her here on earth. I say to myself and to others that I have peace about it, but do I? This wonderful woman is a true part of me through and through. She helped raise me because when mom and dad were at work during the summers, that is where I stayed. She let us do some of the craziest things, and I can't help but sit back and think of the glorious days I had with her and Paw Paw. We were all sitting at dinner tonight talking of all the good meals that she used to cook us and how she would make us any cake we wanted for our birthday and Christmas. Oh, those salmon patties! :) Haha...what ever she touched was good and yummy! Tonight when we went to visit her at Heritage Eastside, we was sitting there moving her hands in the delicate motion as if she she was sewing. Mom and I both regretted for a brief moment that we ever went to go see her. Well, no. I do not regret it. Because, every little moment that I have with her here on earth is precious, even though she may not remember me, I will remember her always. And her beautiful white hair.

Chris and I just completed our second counseling session with our pastor, who instructed us to learn about our love languages. This is turning out well, and some of the mis-communications that we have had the past are all coming into light now that we are getting to know each others languages. Now all we have to learn is the certain dialects! It just gets better and better everyday getting to know my future husband a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment