Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tranquility

I'm not quite sure what is worse:  the rain or cold.  I mean, it's a hard decision to make when your options are cute sparkly flats, or boots.  One thing that I hate the most is wearing cute flats and getting out of your car and stepping into a puddle and soaking your entire foot.  Then you have a wet shoe (not to mention cold, wet toes), and you run the risk of slipping and falling on your face when you get inside the store.  We all know that those floors inside Target and Wal-Mart are not slip-proof.  Lord knows that I've fallen flat on my tush inside our government building right after my c-section!  Today, I think I prefer the cold.  At least it's sunny and it looks warm outside, until you open that door and you begin to suffer from hypothermia and frostbite.  Yes, I live in Georgia, and I feel like I get frostbit just by getting out in 20-30 degree temps. At least rain is good sleeping weather, although I don't get many naps in these days.

Which brings me to my next topic. Our bedroom.  It's drab and I'm so desperate to redecorate it's not even funny. I just can't bring myself to decide what I would like to do.  Pinterest is the just the root of all evil since it broadens my spectrum of my indecisiveness.
1.   2.
This little gem is the epitome of my bedroom.  But there are two problems with these pictures. One, there is no ceiling fan.  If you live in Georgia, you will understand this concept.  The use of the ceiling fan is the only thing that gets me through hot summer nights....especially when one is pregnant.  Two, a white comforter.  Anyone that knows me, knows that this is the problem:

Yep, those dogs, or rather, my fur babies.  I just don't have the heart to tell them no when they want under those warm sheets.  Jaxon Bo especially.  He stays in that bed on cold days, and he loves that dang (blessed) heated mattress pad.  Gizmo would sleep on the love seat any given night.

I will be sure to keep you updated on my progress...if any.

No comments:

Post a Comment